Industrial museums across Scotland will be celebrating the genius of James Watt this August.
The date will be the 200th anniversary of the death of James Watt.
Emma Halford-Forbes from Go Industrial/Industrial Museums Scotland said: “We’ll be stoking steam, peeping whistles and celebrating the master of innovation, James Watt. Join us throughout the day online and in our venues across Scotland. See our website for full details of Watt’s happening at a Go Industrial venue.”
Date of event: 25th August 2019
Start and finish times/admission times: A programme of fun from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Locations: The 12 Go Industrial Museums across Scotland:
- Verdant Works, West Henderson’s Drive, Dundee, DD1 5BT
- Museum of Scottish Railways @ Bo’ness & Kinneil Railway, Bo’ness, EH51 9AQ
- Museum of the Scottish Shale Oil Industry @ Almond Valley, Millfield, Livingston, West Lothian, EH54 7AR
- Auchindrain Township, Furnace, Inveraray, Argyll, PA32 8XN
- Discovery Point, Discovery Quay, Dundee, DD1 4XA
- Scottish Fisheries Museum, St Ayles, Harbourhead, Anstruther, KY10 3AB
- Museum of Lead Mining, Wanlockhead Village, Dumfries and Galloway, ML12 6UT
- Museum of Scottish Lighthouses, Kinnaird Head, Stevenson Road, Fraserburgh, AB43 9DU
- Scottish Maritime Museum, Linthouse Building, Harbour Road, Irvine, Ayrshire, KA12 8QE
- National Mining Museum Scotland, Lady Victoria Colliery, Newtongrange, Midlothian, EH22 4QN
- New Lanark World Heritage Site, Lanark, South Lanarkshire , ML11 9DB
- Summerlee Museum of Scottish Industrial Life, Heritage Way, Coatbridge, ML5 1QD
Admission: Admission charges apply – see the website for details.
Tickets – if you need to get tickets in advance or just turn up: No booking necessary!
Email for enquiries: email@example.com
Access to venue (parking/transport links/access for people with disabilities): See website for details of our venues.
Organisers (who’s organising the event and the names of any partner organisations or funders): Go Industrial / Industrial Museums Scotland